Computer Repair Tips – Detecting a Hard Drive Problem

Hard Drives are usually a tricky problem to diagnose. Although some symptoms actually scream hard disk problem, typically, the symptoms may also be caused by different areas of the computer. The signs may also be brought on by software difficulties. When figuring out which symptoms are brought on by what issue, a small research may be required. Here’s a bullet list of symptoms that are most likely due to a failed Hard Drive Repair:

While this might be caused by a lot of things, this is normally accompanied by a clicking, scratching or squeaking sound. This noise is caused by the heads coming in contact with the hard disk platter. This is not good whatsoever. This means there’s something mechanically wrong. Mechanical errors, typically, aren’t recoverable. Replace the hard drive whenever possible.

BSOD is the blue error screen with white ribbon that comes up if the OS has problems running a job. Although, a BSOD is indicative of a software malfunction 90% of the time, there are particular codes and messages which will tell you it is a result of the hard disk. For the codes, start looking for 0x0000000E, occasionally accompanied by the”UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME” message.

A Bad Block is a corrupt section of the hard disk which may lock-up a computer when attempting to access it. A simple way to repair this (Not entirely reliable but can work) would be to run the chkdsk command in the Command Prompt (You can Google the command for instructions on how best to use it).

These errors appear when the hard disk isn’t found from the computer. It can be possible that it might have come slightly loose. This is the most frequent cause. Another frequent cause is a complete failure of the hard disk. There are other causes, but those aren’t related to hard disk failure.
Hopefully this report will provide you something to consider when assessing a computer. Although, these are not the end all of the symptoms, it’s a really good start. These symptoms accounts for over 90 percent of failures. The other 10 percent is normally brought on by manufacturer/model certain issues. In the long run, it all comes down to experience.